On 25 July 2014 02:38, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 5:53 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There should be an Everett style multiverse embedded in the string
>> landscape universe.
>>

> Perhaps but that's not the only way it could happen, string theory could
> be wrong and Everett still be right.

Sure. I meant "should - given that both theories are correct".

> Everett pointed out that Schrodinger's Wave Equation seems to be saying
> that everything that could happen does happen, and that seems to be what
> Andre Linde's theory of Eternal Inflation is saying too. And that's why I
> thing it's so important to know if the variation in the Big Bang
> polarization radiation that was announced in March is real or not. If Linde
> is right then Everett probably is too.

They may even become the same thing expressed differently. I am also
looking forward to whether BICEP2 is supported by further observation.

> > if our "bubble" in the string landscape is infinite (which I think it
>> can be?) then it *itself* contains a MWI style multiverse,
>>

> Yes
>
> > So we get a "redundant infinity" of identical universes ("infinity
>> squared" ? ,Or cubed
>>

> Those are all the same sized infinity, to get a larger one you have to go
> 2^infinity.
>
> Yes, indeed. And the redundancy doesn't help with any measure problems
(although I suspect those ARE a limitation of "human maths" or at least
something we have yet to understand. Maybe we need another Cantor...)