Bostrom says, "If humanity had been sane and had our act together globally, the sensible course of action would be to postpone development of superintelligence until we figured out how to do so safely. And then maybe wait another generation or two just to make sure that we hadn't overlooked some flaw in our reasoning. And then do it -- and reap immense benefit. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to pause."

But maybe he's forgotten the Dark Ages.  I think ISIS is working hard to
produce a pause.

Brent

On 8/25/2014 10:27 AM

  Artificial Intelligence May Doom The Human Race Within A Century, Oxford
Professor

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/22/artificial-intelligence-oxford_n_5689858.html?ir=Science