For what it's worth, the kind of autonomous human-level (or greater) type
of AI, or AGI, will *most likely* require an architecture, yet to be well
understood, that is of an entirely different nature relative to the kind of
architectures being engineered by those interests who desire highly
complicated slaves.  In other words, I'm not losing any sleep about the
military accidentally unleashing a terminator.  If I'm going to lose sleep
over a predictable sudden loss of well being, I will focus instead on the
much less technical and much more realistic threats arising from
economic/societal collapse.

Terren