Hello everyone,

I don't post here very often, but I read your posts every day via nabble
(it is just easier to load responses on the mobile device).

I also don't usually have much to contribute, but I'd like to contribute
something today.

After reviewing and re-reviewing all of the stuff that Bruno says about the
8 hypostases and all the arcane logical symbols
that are presented, and getting into the idea that we are really all the
same person just trying out different personalities/persons in
the mathematical multiverse (as guaranteed by the AUDA? ADA?) -- isn't this
just a whole load of magical thinking? Like we
have formed a model where it seems like this is true, so therefore it must
be true?

>From personal experience, I can tell you, I've never seen the following
spring from the ADA/AUDA:

a baby
a grasshopper
some grass
a tree
a person (complete with my memories except for that time i wet myself in
grade 2)
a galaxy
a bank
a government

It's all a lot of handwaving, as far as I'm concerned. And while I really
love reading your back
and forths about the peculiar details of the AUDA/ADA, I still don't see
one possible way in which
such formal, dessicated, circumscribed reasoning could ever lead to the
actual, joyous, and unboundedly
infinite reality we have facing us every day. I'm sure I've missed
something (yah, some of you will say
I've missed everything, but whatever)... but what we have going on here on
this list, it seems is a paradox:

The paradox of romanticism meeting classicism.
The paradox of number meeting form or geometry.
The paradox of mind meeting matter.

The problem seems like there is this self-satisfaction on the part of Bruno
that there are merely some "hypotheses" about
machine psychology (whatever the hell that means) and a consistent working
out of the CTM to ensure we are such beings,
by following the (really awfully impractical and impossible to implement)
thought experiment of being in a duplicating chamber.

Well, guess what? There are no duplicating chambers! Never have been, and
never will be.
It's just like conceiving a time travel machine (also impossible).

When Einstein thought up his thought experiments, he didn't start with
premises that were inherently impossible to fulfill.
After all, we can all imagine accelerating up to some arbitrary limit.

Similarly, with quantum physics, we can all imagine (and in fact can do in
practice) the dual slit experiment. We can even
(if we are sadists) carry out the Schrodinger experiment, and determine
either a live or dead cat (we won't see both, according to
the formalism, but that is to be expected).

But thought experiments have their limit. If one of your basic premises is
that "I have here, in my possession, a
machine that will duplicate you entirely and completely without fail up to
a basic substitution level", and yet you can't
build such a machine, nor even conceive of how to go about building one,
with no practical plans or ideas as a guideline,
then I would have to say, before I even begin going down the long and
tortuous road of inference such a situation involves
a willing subject in, STOP, THANK YOU, you've taught me precisely nothing.

This is just like hypothesizing a time machine where one can go back to
alter the course of WW2 and make Hitler a
painter and then basically just make everything as though WW2 never
happened.

Can I hypothesize a machine that might do that? YES
Can I create a bunch of formal logical rules where such an intervention
could be both possible and consistent? YES
Does it mean I should now start believing that Hitler was a painter and
that World War 2 never happened? NO

There is a massive gulf between purely formal proof in symbols and what
actually happens in the world.
This list is (thanks to Bruno's help) dedicated to the NONSENSE that, by
writing a few formal symbols
down, one has therefore explained it all. It's pernicious. And blind.

And I've never done salvia, but I have done acid, and I had an experience
during it where I really felt I was the universe itself.
But I don't thing any string of symbols would have convinced me one way or
another as to whether I had an actual
encounter with the noumenon or else just had a deep and intense trip.

This everything stuff based on Bruno's "8 hypostases" (or 7, or 9) is a
bunch of magical horseshit at a level that is too high for most people
to see through. That's why it still gets play... no one can call the
emperor for having no clothes.

Just go and pet a dog or cat, or smell some flowers,  and tell me that is
just a bunch of equations.

There is something sorely lacking in this approach to an everything theory.

That's all I've got. I'm sure those who want to will beat up on me, I don't
mind.

Plus, this list needed livening.

Peace