We also developed an analogous version of the Newcomb's paradox, but
couched in the form of the prisoner's dilemma:

If you were forced to play in the prisoners dilemma against yourself (in a
fully deterministic setting such as with both of your minds uploaded to a
computer), would you defect or cooperate (assuming you're playing
completely selfishly with no regard for your opponent)? In classic
prisoner's dilemma defecting is always better than cooperating, because
it's a better choice when your opponent defects, and it is a better choice
when your opponent cooperates. (Just like some decision theories say its
always better to take two boxes, because no matter what is in the opaque
box, you get an extra $1,000 on top). However, in this situation (when
playing against a deterministic copy of yourself) your choice is correlated
to (though not physically / causally related) to the choice made by your
opponent. So those who one-box are more apt to say co-operation is better
than defecting in this case, since the Defect/Cooperate, and
Cooperate/Defect outcomes are no longer possible. -- Just as with an
accurate predictor, getting $0 or getting $1,001,000 is not possible.

Is there anyone here who thinks two-boxing (or defecting in the above
choice) is the correct decision?

Jason