LizR wrote:

Do superpositions still occur in the MWI? I thought they were supposed to be branches (which are perhaps able to recombine) ?

Yes, we see superpositions everywhere -- as Brent says, they are a consequence of the mathematics of Hilbert space. A pure state in one basis is a superposition in any other basis. The idea of branches that cease to interfere in MWI is one of the major conceptual problems of that interpretation -- in what basis do the branches occur? Why those branches (that basis) and no other. I do not think that current notions of einselection actually ever get to the heart of the problem -- but that is another discussion.

Bruce