CCT doesn't have to entail physical continuity. The standard CCT seems to
first use psychological similarty and in the case of ties physical
continuity, but you could also imagine a purely paychological or purely
physical CCT. My problem with CCT is that the rules for ties are ad hoc
legal arbitration that violate locality and to quote Parfit: "A double
survival can't equal death." My problem with similiarity measures is that
you are no longer talking about subjective expectation. Similarity measures
are fine if you throw out subjective expectation as a mere illusion.
However, if you want to retain subjective expectation, then you have to
have an all or none model of personal identity.

Sent from Gmail Mobile