John Clark wrote:
On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 8:53 PM, Bruce Kellett bhkell...@optusnet.com.au <mailto:bhkell...@optusnet.com.au>> wrote: > We have no evidence that a quantum level of duplication is
    necessary but, likewise, we have no evidence that it is not.

Nonsense, we have a ASTRONOMICAL amount of evidence that is not necessary! Your quantum state changes well over a million billion times every nanosecond and yet you continue to feel like the same person.

Of course personal identity is retained under internal changes. But why are you so confident that the persistent quantum state of some molecules is not important for some memories or functions?

Bruce