On 20 May 2015, at 09:23, Samiya Illias wrote:

Well, if you wish, we all could read together the Quran verse by verse on this list and discuss our understanding of what the verse is saying. With our diverse backgrounds, we can certainly share our insights - Platonist, Aristotelian, Scientific, Etc. and perhaps find and focus on what's common in our beliefs.

We will run into difficulties.

Unless you agree with the arithmetical lexicon provided by the self- introspecting machine. In which case, by stretching the sense moderately, we can say something. (god = truth, devil = false, soul = self+god, matter = self-+realities, etc.)

But it might not be so well for the Quran.

Take the verse:
3:4 "And He revealed the Qur'an. Indeed, those who disbelieve in the verses of Allah will have a severe punishment, and Allah is exalted in Might, the Owner of Retribution."

That might be interpreted as a deep theological truth, in the machine's religion, but there is a big problem, because that particular statement if theologically true remains non communicable, not even assertable.

It says that truth is revealed, and that disbelieving it leads you to a big problem. Basically []f -> f, which is true, but not justifiable, not even (and especially) as axiom, as it makes you inconsistent.

And that inconsistency can be exploited by blasphemous people using it to punish (before God!) those they estimate not believing, in their sense, to the parole of the prophet.

It transforms one of the deeper religious truth into a devilish argument-per-authority.

It is a common problem with "sacred text". When human deemed a text "sacred", they do actually a blaspheme, and in practice it means "shut up and calculate".

There are things, notably the divine one, which go without saying, and get stuck in cultural representation, when said.

Truth is beyond texts, Samiya, religion requires "intelligence" in its most etymological sense: the ability to read in *between* the lines.

Enlightenment might be easy, compared to the task of helping the others from that, which is very complex, subtle and perilous. Hell is paved with good intentions. We have also, in G* \ G: [](~[]f) -> f.

Don't take this too much literally, of course, even if this admit an arithmetical interpretation, it is still a toy theology, of an ideally correct platonist machine. Yet we can listen to them, and not dismiss them too quickly too. They have the advantage of having much less prejudices than us.

Bruno

Samiya