On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 7:33 AM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 May 2015 at 16:34, Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If we do not make the necessary effort, we will end up in the Fire due to
>> our own negligence.
>>

> That is known as "victim blaming". It's the psychology of a sadist - the
> same as the rapist's "she was asking for it".

That's a horrible analogy!
Consider the following verses:

http://quran.com/7/35-36 O children of Adam, if there come to you
messengers from among you relating to you My verses, then whoever fears
Allah and reforms - there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they
grieve. But the ones who deny Our verses and are arrogant toward them -
those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide therein eternally.

http://quran.com/7/172-174 And [mention] when your Lord took from the
children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants and made them
testify of themselves, [saying to them], "Am I not your Lord?" They said,
"Yes, we have testified." [This] - lest you should say on the day of
Resurrection, "Indeed, we were of this unaware." Or [lest] you say, "It was
only that our fathers associated [others in worship] with Allah before, and
we were but descendants after them. Then would You destroy us for what the
falsifiers have done?" And thus do We [explain in] detail the verses, and
perhaps they will return.

http://quran.com/16/70-77 And Allah created you; then He will take you in
death. And among you is he who is reversed to the most decrepit [old] age
so that he will not know, after [having had] knowledge, a thing. Indeed,
Allah is Knowing and Competent. And Allah has favored some of you over
others in provision. But those who were favored would not hand over their
provision to those whom their right hands possess so they would be equal to
them therein. Then is it the favor of Allah they reject? And Allah has made
for you from yourselves mates and has made for you from your mates sons and
grandchildren and has provided for you from the good things. Then in
falsehood do they believe and in the favor of Allah they disbelieve? And
they worship besides Allah that which does not possess for them [the power
of] provision from the heavens and the earth at all, and [in fact], they
are unable. So do not assert similarities to Allah . Indeed, Allah knows
and you do not know. Allah presents an example: a slave [who is] owned and
unable to do a thing and he to whom We have provided from Us good
provision, so he spends from it secretly and publicly. Can they be equal?
Praise to Allah ! But most of them do not know. And Allah presents an
example of two men, one of them dumb and unable to do a thing, while he is
a burden to his guardian. Wherever he directs him, he brings no good. Is he
equal to one who commands justice, while he is on a straight path? And to
Allah belongs the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth. And the
command for the Hour is not but as a glance of the eye or even nearer.
Indeed, Allah is over all things competent.

Samiya