On 16 Sep 2016, at 17:40, Stephen Paul King wrote:

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On 16 Sep 2016, at 01:29, Stephen Paul King wrote:

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 6:47 PM, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

On 9/15/2016 11:03 AM, Stephen Paul King wrote:
I get that and buy it too, Brent. Platonia is the "flat" Complete version, I am looking for the infinite tower of incomplete yet consistent theories

I don't understand what you mean by that. I assume "theories" refers to axiomatic systems. If I take one such system, like arithmetic, I can keep adding the unprovable Godel sentences as axioms and so create an unbounded "tower" of systems. Is that what you mean?

​Yes, sorta.​

and trying to make sense of computational languages that could use those theories. Remember that computers do not need to be Turing Complete if they only need to compute one algorithm efficiently and correctly.

That's the view of an algorithm as computing a function; so given an input there is a certain correct output. But the UD doesn't have any input.

​It has itself as an input. :-P​

?

Possibly in a quite novel non standard sense, but I'm afarid this could lead to confusion, especially with beginners.

The UD is typically a program without input. You enter its code in the language of some universal machine, without giving it any input, and it runs forever, meaning it has no output.

Extensionally, it is equivalent with the empty function from the empty set to the empty set (the unique element of 0^0 in set theoretical term, with 0 identified with the empty set).

Intensionally, assuming computationalism it is all activities of all machines in all locally consistent context.

Some would like to add, all thoughts, but the thoughts remain stable and make possibly sense only on the infinities on which the First Person Indeterminacy operates.

In the 3-1 picture, we can attach a consciousness to a program/ machine/3-p-representation..., it is often polite, but in the 1-p picture, that is, from the first person perspective "you" are related to an infinity (2^aleph_0) of computational histories. The UD "runs" you on all real oracles, notably.

Can the UD diagonalize with almost all possible versions of itself? I have forgotten some details...

The giant miracle here is that the class of all programs is immune to diagonalization, unlike any class of always stopping programs. So, to get all stopping programs, we must generate all programs, and to get all stopping executions, there is no choice other than dovetailing on all executions, the stopping and non stopping one. The closure of the set of partial recursive function for diagonalization is the main conceptual argument in favor of Church thesis, and it is what make the universal machines/numbers, truly universal, so to speak. So yes, the UD can be said to diagonalize itself, but it changes nothing: the UD remains invariant for the application of the diagonal.

Best regards Stephen,

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher

Mobile: (864) 567-3099

stephe...@provensecure.com

 http://www.provensecure.us/

“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message immediately.”