On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 9:19 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

​> ​
> Aristotle God = Matter
> Plato God = something else

People who say that theology does not exist are just taking Aristotle
> theology for granted.

I have a dream that one
​day ​
​you will write an entire post without referring to the idiot ancient
Greeks, I might not live long enough to see it but I have a dream. ​
​

​>>​
>> Meaning needs contrast and your "God" can give us none so you've rendered
>> the word to be utterly useless.
>

> ​> ​
> Not at all.

You believe that a invisible fuzzy amoral mindless blob
​
exists, if you can't explain exactly how things would be different if a
invisible fuzzy amoral mindless blob
​
did not exist then your use of the word "God" contains no information.

> ​>​
>  I show that the Tarski notion of truth (well defined) plays the role of
> God

​Now you've gone even further and twisted the meaning of the word "God" to
such a extant that for a atheist to be consistent he'd have to say "I don't
believe truth exists". So now everybody must believe in this thing you call
"G-O-D" and you join the long list of people who are in love with the
English word "God" but are uninterested in the concept behind the word;
they just want to be able to say "I believe in God".

> ​> ​
> This means you have not read the papers.

​I read your papers until they started to get silly, and then I stopped. ​

​

John K Clark​