On 08-12-2017 03:38, Brent Meeker wrote:
On 12/7/2017 4:43 PM, smitra wrote:
On 08-12-2017 00:22, Bruce Kellett wrote:
On 8/12/2017 3:31 am, Bruno Marchal wrote:
On 06 Dec 2017, at 12:19, Bruce Kellett wrote:

But as I pointed out, thermal motion gives momenta of magnitudes such that the quantum uncertainties are negligible compared to the thermal randomness. And thermal motions are not coherent.

You seem to work in Bohr QM, with some dualism between the quantum reality and the classical reality.

Not at all. The (semi-)classical world emerges from the quantum
substrate; if you cannot give an account of this, then you have failed
to explain our everyday experience. And explaining that experience is
the purpose of physics.

You are right that this does not change anything FAPP, but our discussion is not about practical applications, but metaphysics.

No, we were talking about tossing a coin, we were not talking about
metaphysics. Your metaphysics has served merely to confuse you to the
extent that you do not understand even the simplest physics.

Andreas Albrecht  is not confused about anything, and yet he agrees with Bruno on the point of coin tosses.

I think he is confused.  He thinks that our assignment of equal
probabilities in based on experience, whereas in fact it is usually
based on symmetries.  We think each face of a die is equally likely
because the die has six-fold symmetry...not because we have a lot of
experience rolling dies.

The point is that this then leads to a quantum superposition involving the different outcomes, but of course the quantum state will involve a large number of environmental degrees of freedom. So, in the MWI picture you'll get an effective splitting of Worlds.