These things are more in line with science fiction than science. We have no
idea whether any IGUS (Information Gathering & Utilizing System) or ETI
exists elsewhere in the entire universe. There is a sort of Copernican
principle that suggests they should, but we do not know that. We may in
fact be little more than a vast almost infinitely improbable fluke
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faU-SK0pHCI>. There are reasons to not
like this prospect, but if in the domain of complexity we are just one
example it might be there are no other analogues. Extreme intelligent
systems in the universe, such as Dyson sphere powered mega brain/computers,
are very speculative. I would not say these things are impossible, but they
seem very implausible.

The idea of telescopes the size of planets may suffer from one problem.
Quantum fluctuations of secondary optical systems may introduce noise into
the angular resolution.

LC