> On 23 May 2018, at 05:46, Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> On 5/22/2018 6:55 PM, agrayson2...@gmail.com <mailto:agrayson2...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 1:45:39 AM UTC, Brent wrote:
>>

>> On 5/22/2018 5:59 PM, agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:

>>> You're still not paying attention to the problem.  First, the superposition
>>> is never converted into mixed states.  It approximates, FAPP, a mixed state
>>> in some pointer basis (and not in others).  Second, even when you trace
>>> over the environmental terms to make the cross terms practically zero (a
>>> mathematical, not physical, process) you are left with different outcomes
>>> with different probabilities.  CI then just says one of them happens.  But
>>> when did it happen?...when you did the trace operation on the density
>>> matrix?
>>>
>>> I think the main takeaway from decoherence is that information isn't lost
>>> to other worlds, but to the environment in THIS world.
>>
>> But that ignores part of the story.  The information that is lost to the
>> environment is different depending on what the result is.   So if by some
>> magic you could reverse your world after seeing the result you couldn't get
>> back to the initial state because you could not also reverse the "other
>> worlds".
>>
>> What "other worlds"? If they don't exist, why should I be concerned about
>> them? AG
>
> That's pretty much the CI attitude and that of most working physicists.  But
> those interested in fundamental questions would still like to pin down the
> time and how of the process of branching and especially how the classical
> world arises from this process.  Metaphysicians like Bruno want to use a kind
> of implied "everythingism" to simplify their overarching theory of the world
> by saying that "everything happens"...just somewhere else.  If you say only
> your world exists then you are committed to an inherent randomness in the
> world...some find that anathema.

No. I am just saying that if the brain and our bodies are natural physical
digitalis able machine, then There is no ontological universe, physicalism is
false, and we have to extract the physical laws by the measure given of the
first person points of view imposed by machine’s incompleteness. Then I show
that if we are willing to abandon the collapse superstition, the facts sides
much more strongly on (weak) mechanism than on physicalism.

I am a logician. I prove that any rational machine understand this point. The
fact that the (Löbian) machine proves their own incompleteness, makes
eventually physics a branch of the theology/metaphysics of numbers.

I want to use nothing. I derive all proposition that I say in two ways:
intuitively with the thought experiences, and mathematically with the universal
machine interview.

I just say that if mechanism is true, materialism (duality or monist) just
can’t work, and that the evidence favour strongly mechanism on materialism.

The everything is then given by the universal dovetailer/the universal
machine/the sigma_1 propositions. And the measure is the unique one that we
should be able to derive from one of the three quantum logics offered by the
universal machine for the observable.

To discard those conclusions, you have to introduce actual infinities in the
working of the brain, and very special and testable one. But the test so far,
our inferred physics, rather fit well with mechanism, thanks to QM (without
collapse).

Everett was just ignorant that once he had defined the first person identity of
the observer by the memories sequences, it *has* to justify why the quantum
computations seems to win below the digital substitution level.

Bruno