> On 17 Jun 2018, at 15:27, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A small correction: there was an error in the definition I have for the
> Fibonacci calculation.  It should have been (k^2 - kx - x^2)^2 - 1 = 0
>
> Below is some Python code that searches for every solution where k and x are
> less than 100:
>
> for k in range(100):
>   for x in range(100):
>     if pow(k*k - k*x - x*x, 2) - 1 == 0:
>       print k
>
> It gives:
>
> $python main.py
> 0
> 1
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 5
> 8
> 13
> 21
> 34
> 55
> 89
>
> Which are all the Fibonacci numbers under 100.
>
> Anyone interested may also execute or modify this example code online by
> going here: http://tpcg.io/pA1E4q <http://tpcg.io/pA1E4q>
>
> John Clark often tells Bruno mathematical truth won't put Intel out of
> business, but this case, (more than any other I have seen), leads me to
> believe that mathematical truth does embody computation.  No physical
> computer is necessary for these computations to exist, only for us to access
> it.  Just as the existence of a solution to "x+x = 4" implies the
> mathematical existence of 2, the existence of a solution to Chaitin's LISP
> evaluating equation implies the mathematical existence of the computation of
> of that LISP program.

Yes, and that very statements has to be formalised to see what the machine can
understand about this, which is very small for very elementary arithmetic but
quite huge for the Gödel-Löbian machine.

In  that case a (halting) computation is just a number representing it, and the
machine can distinguish the difference between that number representation and
the computation represented, and the fact that it is emulated in virtue of the
*truth* concerning the relation. Like it is true that
3^6 divides 2^5 * 3^6 *5^8 *7^2 *11^2 when we implement a register in
arithmetic by the prime decomposition of the numbers. Here we translate
(partially) that 6 belongs to the register (5, 6, 8, 2, 2). (You need also that
3^7 does not divide the number).

The key point is in distinguish well the arithmetical truth from their
representation in arithmetic.

Bruno