On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 2:38 PM Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 7/30/2018 7:39 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
>
> Does it exist and happen, or does the final result merely materialize
>>> magically like the live or dead cat?
>>>

>> *In my view, we don't know how the final result materializes; the great
>> unsolved problem in QM, aka the measurement problem, or a large part of it.
>> But why introduce intermediate values, which IIUC the theory says don't
>> exist. AG *
>>

> Where does it say that?  If I recall correctly, Schrodinger did not put a
> caveat on his equation which said it cannot be used to refer to anything
> that is real.
>

> That was the point of Schroedinger's cat experiment.  Schroedinger
> invented it to show the fallacy of regarding the wf as real because it led
> to the absurdity of a cat that was both alive and dead.

That was a bit before he started to realize that the equation for which he
won the Nobel prize might be true.

Jason

“Schrödinger also had the basic idea of parallel universes shortly before
Everett, but he didn't publish it. He mentioned it in a lecture in Dublin,
in which he predicted that the audience would think he was crazy. Isn't
that a strange assertion coming from a Nobel Prize winner—that he feared
being considered crazy for claiming that his equation, the one that he won
the Nobel Prize for, might be true.” -- David Deutsch