> [...]
>

> On Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 2:13:32 AM UTC, John Clark wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 5:52 PM, <agrays...@gmail.com <>> wrote:
>
> >I'm from Missouri; SHOW ME!
>
> I show you the double slit experiment. David Deutsch said if other worlds are
> just a interpretation of the double slit experiment then dinosaur are just a
> interpretation of dinosaur bones. I'm not sure I'd go quite as far as Deutsch
> but I see what he's driving at.
>

> >How does a differential equation on the time rate of change of the wf, imply
> >that ALL eigenvalues of ALL possible eigenstates of some operator, must be
> >measured?
>
> A  differential equation can't imply that, it doesn't imply anything about
> measurement and that is exactly the point. You say ad hoc that there is a
> mysterious magical thing called "measurement" which you can't define that
> does all sorts of mysterious magical things that you can't explain. Many
> Worlds doesn't care what a "measurement" means because it has nothing to do
> with it and it doesn't stick in anything about the wave the equation
> describes collapsing because the mathematics says nothing about anything
> collapsing, the Copenhagen people like to stick that stuff in ad hoc. .
>
> So your claim is that because the SWE doesn't say anything about
> measurements, presumably the wf continues to evolve forever. How does this
> imply that all possible eigenvalues must be measured? If not measured, then
> what? The wf just continues to evolve forever? But how does this imply that
> all eigenvalues must be realized, some would say "measured". IMO, there's
> still a huge gap between the SWE  as a mathematical statement, and what you
> claim must be measured, or shall we say observed. AG
>

> > One could just assume that the wf is purely epistemic and leave these
> > additional postulates, which aren't used to calculate probabilities, in the
> > dustbin of history.
>
> Many physicists believe in the "shut up and calculate" quantum interpretation
> and do exactly that, and that works fine if all you're a engineer and all you
> want is to make the next iPhone, but its less than satisfying if you have the
> slightest bit of curiosity about whats going on at the most fundamental level
> of reality. It seems to me if all physics could do is say that if a
> instrument is in orientation X the needle on a voltmeter will read 42 and in
> orientation Y it will read 43 and no further conclusion could be drawn from
> that then physics would be a incredibly dull subject because I'm really not
> really all that interested in needles on voltmeters in themselves, I'm
> interested in what they may imply.
>
> I want to know what's real, what's out there, but with the basic premise of
> the MWI on very shaky ground IMO, I feel we are on a false path. Just too
> many Brunos as the result of simple quantum experiments.  If the basic
> premise had stronger justification, I might change my opinion. AG

Why? If you can agree that 2+2=4 independently of you, then all those many
Bruno, and many Grayson in many Missouri already exist independently of you.

Amazingly perhaps, Everett QM diminishes the range of possibilities which exist
a priori in arithmetic, and mathematical self-reference explains how that
quantum solution is imposed.

The elementary arithmetical reality, or combinators amor anything Turing
equivalent, has already an internal many-dreams explanations of appearances.

Eventually this gives a ZERO-world interpretation of nature and mathematics,
which still accounts for the “persistent illusion” and its reality (of the
illusion).

Bruno