On Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 10:00:21 PM UTC, Brent wrote:

> On 8/21/2018 2:40 PM, agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>

>> If I start a 200 qubit quantum computer at time = 0, and 100 microseconds
>> later it has produced a result that required going through 2^200 = 1.6 x
>> 10^60 = states (more states than is possible for 200 things to go through
>> in 100 microseconds even if they changed their state every Plank time
>> (5.39121 x 10^-44 seconds), then physically speaking it **must** have
>> been simultaneous.  I don't see any other way to explain this result.  How
>> can 200 things explore 10^60 states in 10^-4 seconds, when a Plank time is
>> 5.39 x 10^-44 seconds?
>>

> It's no more impressive numerically than an electron wave function picking
> out one of 10^30 silver halide molecules on a photographic plate to
> interact with (which is also non-local, aka simultaneous).

*It's hard to keep up with you. When I claimed the wf sort-of propagates
instantaneously at its creation since, say, the probability density for
double slit extends from minus to plus infinity, you claimed I was making
unrealistic assumptions about initial conditions, such as assuming the
screen extends to infinity. Would appreciate clarification on this issue.
Does the wf in complex plane extend to infinity in real and imaginary axis?
In general, does the positively valued probability density extend to minus
and plus infinity? TIA, AG*

Brent

*Impressive calculation to be sure, but is this a theoretical value based
on the assumption I deny; or is it achieved by a working quantum computer?
AG *