On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 9:18:15 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>
> On 13 Sep 2018, at 14:21, Philip Thrift <[email protected] <javascript:>> 
> wrote:
>
>
>
> Something I wrote some years ago (SKI related). In practice one would use 
> a computer with a quantum-random number generator chip.
>
> https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/computing/hardware/a-chip-scale-source-for-quantum-random-number-generators
>
>
>
> https://poesophicalbits.blogspot.com/2013/06/skip-probabilistic-ski-combinator.html
>  
> :
>
>
> *SKIP: Probabilistic SKI combinator calculus 
> <https://poesophicalbits.blogspot.com/2013/06/skip-probabilistic-ski-combinator.html>*
> Add to the *S*, *K*, and *I* combinators of the SKI combinator calculus 
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKI_combinator_calculus> the *P*
>  combinator: 
>
> *S**xyz* = *xz*(*yz*)
> *K**xy* = *x*
> *I**x* = *x*
> *P* = *K* or *KI* with equal probability (0.5)
>
> It follows that *P**xy* evaluates to *K**xy* or *KI**xy*, then to *x* or 
> *I**y* = *y *with equal probability. 
>
>
>
> Interesting. It is, I guess, equivalent with the Turing machine + a random 
> oracle. Have you studied the quantum related idea, with P = 1/sqrt(2)(K + 
> KI) ?
>
> Bruno
>
>
>
>
I haven't looked at that. I just noticed a simple way to throw a "coin 
tossing" combinator into the mix. SKI is apparently "Turing complete" [  
https://esolangs.org/wiki/S_and_K_Turing-completeness_proof ] so SKIP is in 
principle enough to write Monte Carlo programs.

- pt

>
> see also Evolutionary code and the probabilistic lambda calculus 
> <http://poesophicalbits.blogspot.com/2013/05/evolutionary-code-and-probabilistic.html>
>  
> and a SKI fixed-point combinator 
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-point_combinator#Other_fixed-point_combinators>
>  
>
>
> - pt
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to