On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 9:32:04 AM UTC, [email protected] wrote: > > > > On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 1:02:36 AM UTC, [email protected] > wrote: >> >> Hello I think this good forum for this topic - what do you think about >> Mathematical Universe, there are very big arguments for that hypothesis: >> f >> - applicability of mathematic, to natural sciences >> - all we discovere are structures and I didnt find explanation of the >> diference beetwen physical structures and mathematical structures. >> - scientists and philosophers of science tend to affirm belive in diverse >> structure and homogeneous substance (neutral monism) or mathematicism vide >> Ladyman, Ross, French, Tegmark etc. >> >> What are your thoughts. >> > > If it's what I think it is, it's demonstrably wrong. One counter example > suffices; there are plane wave solutions to Maxwell's equations, but if you > know what plane waves are, they clearly do NOT exist in physical reality. > If this is correct, other models also fall by the wayside. AG >
*What I don't get is why this is a topic which generates so much interest, when it is easily falsified. AG* > >> >> Regards >> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/everything-list. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

