On Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 3:19:36 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 1 Apr 2019, at 20:08, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>

> On Monday, April 1, 2019 at 11:46:25 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>

>> On 31 Mar 2019, at 19:50, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sunday, March 31, 2019 at 11:58:46 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>>

>>> On 30 Mar 2019, at 07:15, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> https://thenewstack.io/which-programming-languages-use-the-least-electricity/
>>>
>>> Which language one uses makes a physical difference.
>>>

>>> That is correct, interesting for the application, but not directly
>>> relevant for the “ontological problem” and the mind-body problem.
>>>
>>> Physics is not able to make any prediction without assuming something
>>> (what exactly) capable of selecting our computation in arithmetic.
>>> Theologically, it still invoke an ontology, which cannot be done when doing
>>> science.
>>>
>>> The fact that efficient computation “survives”, and non efficient do
>>> not, requires magic if the environnement does not map the finitely many
>>> accessible histories at (or below) our substitution level.
>>>
>>> A quantum computation does not require any energy, note. And both
>>> observation, and mechanism seems to force the physical reality into a
>>> combinatory algebra without Kestrel (Kxy = x, which eliminates the
>>> information in y), nor Starling S (Sxyz = xz(yz)) nor any duplicator (no
>>> Mocking Bird like M, Mx = xx). Information cannot be physically created,
>>> nor eliminated, nor duplicated.
>>>
>>> We can still have Turing universality without eliminators. Yet we lost
>>> Turing universality when we have no eliminators and no duplicators, but we
>>> can regain it with adding “measurement” modal operator (internally defined,
>>> or not). That is the combinatory BCI algebra, with a core physics where
>>> energy is a constant, and computations use no energy, yet relative
>>> subcomputation are allowed to make relative measurement, leading to
>>> apparent (indexical) breaking of the core laws, and apparent elimination of
>>> “memories”. There are Turing universal group and group have natural mesure
>>> theory associated with them, but again, such group must be justified
>>> mathematically (and theologically to get the private (first person) parts
>>> not eliminated).
>>>
>>> Thinking of group, I have said that physics is a symphony played by the
>>> number 0, 1, e, PI, gamma, and with the number 24 has chief orchestra. To
>>> be honest, my motivation comes more from physics and number theory than
>>> from Metamathematics (mathematical logic, machine theology), and it makes
>>> me nervous that the number theorist stumble on the right physics before the
>>> theologian (leading to an arithmeticalism still capable of eliminating the
>>> first person for awhile). Here is a nice video where John Baez explains
>>> well why he likes 24 too, and its main role in String Theory (the Riemann
>>> regularisation). I think about this when mentioning group theory, as 24 is
> [...]

*Engineers Develop Analog Computing Compiler *
https://www.engineering.com/DesignerEdge/DesignerEdgeArticles/ArticleID/13340/Engineers-Develop-Analog-Computing-Compiler-for-Biological-Simulations-More.aspx

"The high-level language of the compiler makes use of differential
equations, which are frequently used to describe biological systems."

"Researchers from MIT have presented a new compiler designed for analog
computers. The compiler, called Arco, takes sets of differential equations
as its input and translates them into circuits in programmable analog
devices."

- pt