For this to work, as a function built into the universe (baked in), we'd need a
substrate for the mind, I reckon.

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Fri, May 3, 2019 1:41 pm
Subject: Re: Bernardo Kastrup: "Analytic Idealism: A consciousness-only
ontology"

 I once corresponded with Greg Stone
(https://www.near-death.com/science/articles/dying-brain-theory.html), who
advanced a similar theory and claimed that he could detach from his body and be
present at places remote from it.  I offered to  fund a research program by him
(at the time I controlled a pot of Navy R&D money) if you could remotely
observe the titles of books in the shelf above my computer.  He invented a lot
of reasons why it wouldn't be useful to do this.

 Brent