On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 8:07:07 PM UTC-5, Lawrence Crowell wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 9:24:05 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>

>> > On 12 May 2019, at 09:08, Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru> wrote:
>> >
>> > ‘I believe there are
>> 15,747,724,136,275,002,577,605,653,961,181,555,468,044,717,914,527,116,709,366,231,425,076,185,631,031,296
>>
>> protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons.’
>> >
>> > Eddington, Arthur S. 1939. The Philosophy of Physical Science.
>> Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. p. 170. The beginning of the Chapter
>> XI, The Physical Universe.
>>
>> Lol.
>>

> The number is curiously not that different from the currently understood
> number.
>
> To be honest I think there is only one electron in the universe. All these
> electrons we see are just the same electron weaving through space and time.
>
> LC
>

>> I guess this concerns the observable universe, which has grown a lot
>> since 1939. (Cf Hubble and “Hubble)
>>
>> Any idea of why that particular number? Beyond the apparent joke?
>>
>> Bruno
>>

>> \

The number of electrons and protons stays the same?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pair_production

Pair production is the creation of a subatomic particle and its
antiparticle from a neutral boson. Examples include creating an electron
and a positron, a muon and an antimuon, or a proton and an antiproton. Pair
production often refers specifically to a photon creating an
electron–positron pair near a nucleus.

In 2008 the Titan laser aimed at a 1-millimeter-thick gold target was used
to generate positron–electron pairs in large numbers.

That "there is only one electron in the universe. All these electrons we
see are just the same electron weaving through space and time" would
explain telepathy and precognition.

@philipthrift