On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 5:58:07 PM UTC-5, Lawrence Crowell wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 12:59:59 AM UTC-5, Philip Thrift wrote:

>>> The number is curiously not that different from the currently understood
>>> number.
>>>
>>> To be honest I think there is only one electron in the universe. All
>>> these electrons we see are just the same electron weaving through space and
>>> time.
>>>
>>> LC

>> The number of electrons and protons stays the same?
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pair_production
>>
>> Pair production is the creation of a subatomic particle and its
>> antiparticle from a neutral boson. Examples include creating an electron
>> and a positron, a muon and an antimuon, or a proton and an antiproton. Pair
>> production often refers specifically to a photon creating an
>> electron–positron pair near a nucleus.
>>
>> In 2008 the Titan laser aimed at a 1-millimeter-thick gold target was
>> used to generate positron–electron pairs in large numbers.
>>

>> That "there is only one electron in the universe. All these electrons we
>> see are just the same electron weaving through space and time" would
>> explain telepathy and precognition.
>>
>> @philipthrift
>>

> I have not been entirely happy with this list since Cosmin Visan showed up
> hustling his nonsense. Now he claims the reports of moon landings are no
> more credible than claims of the paranormal. I wish this crap would end.
> There is no scientific basis for this rubbish, it has been put to various
> tests since the late 19th century and nothing whatsoever has ever been
> found. Please, don't join this chorus of morons.
>
> LC

But, in order:

1. Precognition.
2. Telepathy.
3. The moon landing in July, 1969 was faked.
4. There is only one electron in the universe. All these electrons we see
are just the same electron weaving through space and time.

The tests claimed to support 1 and 2 are bogus (as far as I've ever seen).
3 is crazy.
But 4 is in its own world of bizarre beliefs. One with that idea can't
really say the others are "crazy", can they?

@philipthrift