> On 28 May 2019, at 00:19, 'Cosmin Visan' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I see that the majority way of thinking of people is the dismissive kind.
> Tell them "there is telepathy" and they will say "no there isn't!”.

I think we don’t say that. We say only that there is no evidences. The one list
of link you gave dod not provide evidences, Imo.

> The problem with this attitude is that it is end of story. How do this people
> that dismiss everything expect progress to be made ? They say: "Let the
> scientists prove telepathy!", put if a scientist tries to actually do an
> experiment, they come and say again: "Stop doing the experiment, telepathy
> doesn't exist!”.

We say only: build a more serious protocol. Make other people repeating the
experiences, etc.

> So how is progress to be made if they create an infinite loop of denial? Very
> few people (including myself) take the constructive attitude: "Ok, here is an
> interesting phenomenon. How it might work?”.

If the existing experience were convincing, the simplest theory is that we
transmit information by radio waves. Brains are known to send such waves. But
some people reject that idea because they add that telepathy has to be non
local, making the protocol of the experience even more doubtful with respect to
such a claim.

> Why do people waste their lives playing the "smart skeptic" card dismissing
> everything instead of actually doing something about trying to find an
> explanation ?

On the contrary, there are many explanations possibles, but no convincing
experience showing the existence of the phenomena. This does not mean that we
disbelieve in such phenomenon, we just don’t find convincing paper, nor even
convincing definition of what “telepathy” could be.

> How is an explanation to be found if they reject from the very start the
> phenomenon ?

But which phenomenon. Please, if you believe there is a convincing paper, cite
it (apology if you did that already). Just one paper. The one that you find
convincing.

> They say: "Oh, but we are not rejecting it, we are actually encourage
> scientists to prove it!". Ok, but how are scientists to prove it, if a
> theoretical framework is not laid down first ? In order to actually build an
> experiment, you need to know what you want to experiment with in the first
> place. But if you reject from the very start any attempt at hypothesis
> formulation, how is the experiment to be designed ?

Animals exploits electricity since million of years. For me it is a bit of a
mystery that radio-wave-like  telepathy has not yet been detected.

To claim it has been detected, we need a repeatable experience, and to repeat
it with different groups of researchers.

We don’t criticise you for searching evidences, but we are not convinced when
you claim that such evidence exist. I think.

The fact that you find it obvious that such thing exists and has been observed
trows some doubt too.