Similarly, one can never completely understand one's own mind, for it would
take a bigger mind than one has to do so. This, I believe, is the best
argument against the runaway-intelligence scenarios in which sufficiently
advanced AIs recursively improve their own code to achieve ever increasing
advances in intelligence.

Terren