On 7/20/2019 4:12 AM, Philip Thrift wrote:

On Friday, July 19, 2019 at 7:24:26 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:

    On 7/19/2019 3:14 PM, Philip Thrift wrote:
    Soul atoms are particularly fine and are distributed throughout
    the body, and it is by means of them that we have sensations and
    the experience of pain and pleasure. Body without soul atoms is
    unconscious and inert, and when the atoms of the body are
    disarranged so that it can no longer support conscious life, the
    soul atoms are scattered and no longer retain the capacity for
    sensation.

    Where do they go under anesthesia?

    Brent

Do the body (physical) atoms of the brain work exactly the same when the brain/body is under anesthesia as before?

The soul (psychical) atoms are working only when the body (physical) atoms are working, according to Epicurus.

Just like neurons.

I didn't know (Greek) atoms had any parts with which to work.