If the observable universe is a closed sphere that might be a boost for me. The
FLRW constraint is

(a'/a)^2 = (8piG/3c^2) - k/a^2,

for k = 0 being flat space, k = 1 for a sphere and k = -1 for a hyperboloid. As
a, the scale factor becomes large the last term is small.

The bias for flatness comes from inflation, where a region of an inflationary
spacetime with large vacuum energy tunnels into a small vacuum energy. This
results in so called pocket world's. There is a boundary to the high energy
region. By the Gauss-Bonnett theorem this boundary has information. A type of
quantum phase change may change the topology into a sphere that "pops off" the
inflationary manifold. So for me this might be welcome news if the observable
cosmos is spherical.