From: Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com>
To: Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Apr 19, 2020 5:59 pm
Subject: Crash course on the Fall of Rome

I believe the Roman army was well paid, had a prestigious status in society,
and had superior tactics in battle, using superior weapons, and perhaps most
important was able to fight as a unit. But as Rome expanded it didn't do a
great job in assimilating "the barbarians". Over time they became incorporated
in the Roman army, acquired its weapons, and perhaps most important learned its
tactical methods for fighting as a unit. Thus, over time, the Roman army lost
its advantage, which led to the demise of the Empire. How correct is my thesis?
TIA, AG--
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/56bf51f5-6c67-4244-82b2-1e621292b686%40googlegroups.com.