On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 12:30:44 AM UTC-5, Brent wrote:

> In any case though, I don't see the form of the Born rule as something
> problematic.  It's getting from counting branches to probabilities.  Once
> you assume there is a probability measure, you're pretty much forced to the
> Born rule as the only consistent probability measure.
>
> Brent

Once one approaches the domain of 'quantum phenomena' as a
probability/measure theorist would do, then all roads (formulations of the
underlying measure space) should lead to Born.

A measure theory on the appropriately-defined measure space underlies both
probability theory and what has been called quantum-probability theory.

*Schwinger’s picture of Quantum Mechanics*
https://arxiv.org/pdf/2002.09326.pdf

*A gentle introduction to Schwinger’s formulation of quantum mechanics: The
groupoid picture*
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325907723_A_gentle_introduction_to_Schwinger's_formulation_of_quantum_mechanics_The_groupoid_picture

*Quantum measures and the coevent interpretation*
https://arxiv.org/abs/1005.2242

cf.

*Probabilities on Algebraic Structures*
Ulf Grenander
review: https://projecteuclid.org/download/pdf_1/euclid.aoms/1177700302

*Derivation of the Schrödinger equation from the Hamilton-Jacobi equation
in Feynman's path integral formulation of quantum mechanics*
J.H.Field
https://arxiv.org/abs/1204.0653

*Feynman’s path integral formulation of quantum mechanics is based on the
following two postulates* [11]:

*1. If an ideal measurement is performed to determine whether a particle
has a path lying in a region of spacetime, the probability that the result
will be affirmative is the absolute square of a sum of complex
contributions, one from each path in the region.*
*2. II The paths contribute equally in magnitude but the phase of their
contribution is the classical action (in units of ¯h) i.e. the time
integral  along the path.*

[11] Feynman R.P. 1948 Rev. Mod. Phys. 20 367.

@philipthrift