> On 1 Jun 2020, at 13:26, Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 9:20:36 PM UTC-6, Jason wrote:
> I recently wrote an article on the size of the universe and the scope of
> reality:
> https://alwaysasking.com/how-big-is-the-universe/
> <https://alwaysasking.com/how-big-is-the-universe/>
>
> It's first of what I hope will be a series of articles which are largely
> inspired by some of the conversations I've enjoyed here. It covers many
> topics including the historic discoveries, the big bang, inflation, string
> theory, and mathematical realism.
>
> Jason
>
> I see you agree with the MUH that there are infinite, identical repeats of
> any universe.

With mechanism “universe” does not make sense, but there is an infinity of
emulations of each computations (in very elementary arithmetic, i.e. PA without
induction axioms).

Strictly speaking, the digital mechanist theory leads to 0 universes, but many
histoires/ computations.

> I tend to think the opposite is true; namely, that in an infinite universe,
> there are no identical repeats; that is, every universe is unique. I've seen
> that the theory of infinite repeats is often "repeated", but where is the
> proof? AG

The many computations in RA is provable in PA, ZF, etc.