On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 8:47 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

*> I would say that if madness is a disease that causes ones to distrust
> the vocalizations of the dem establishment, sure, fine. The once democratic
> party looks now to be an increasingly poor imitation of the kind of setup
> in the People's Republic of China.*

The Republican party is far more sympathetic to totalitarian governments than
the Democrats are, just look at how Trump literally "fell in love" with
North Korean murderer and torturer Kim Jong-un.

> *Team dem loves censorship,*

That's why team Democrat wants to "open up the libel laws" and make them
federal so that a sitting president could sue a newspaper if the newspaper
says something negative about the president that he doesn't like… Oh wait…
that's not team Democrat that's team Republic.

*> Based of recent democrat rulings, let's use natural gas prices and
> supply (fracking) as a real-world test of how this impacts the economy? Nat
> gas turbines supply about 38% of the electrical supply to the US. Much has
> been in the service of replacing coal fired plants, and thus, shuttering
> those. Now what happens to price and supplies for gas turbines when
> supplies decrease because of policy-induced shortages?*

I admit most environmentalists are not serious people and the solutions
they propose are not realistic, but Joe Biden is not one of those environmental
nutcases, he does not propose fracking be eliminated, and the reason
coal burning
plants have been largely shut down is not because of environmental issues
but simply because coal plants are more expensive to operate than natural
gas plants now that natural gas has become so cheap thanks to fracking. And
Biden is the most pro-nuclear power president we've had in 50 years, a
generous part of his $2 trillion climate change plan is earmarked for
nuclear power, particularly small modular reactors, and he frequently
mentions the fact that nuclear power is a zero carbon technology, and it
has the best safety record of any energy source.

> *> If we experience rolling blackouts and brownouts, the rabble, even dem
> rabble will turn and blame their 'leadership,'*

If Biden screws up the economy then he should be blamed, but so far at
least I see no evidence that he is doing that.

> *> what's more important, saving the earth or feeding your family? *

That's a very odd question. Is the important thing for you that when the Earth
comes to an end and your family faces oblivion at least they will do so
with a full stomach?

.
John K Clark   See what's on my new list at  Extropolis

.