On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 9:41 AM Lawrence Crowell <
goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nothingness is a paradoxical thing. Does nothingness exist? If so, then by
> having existential properties it is not pure nothingness. If nothingness
> does not exist then there must exist something. In a sense God is the
> antithesis of nothingness and in a sense shares the same paradoxical issue.

There is a strange and paradoxical sort of identity between *nothing* and
*everything*, particularly as it relates to information theory. Insofar as
the total set of all possibilities has zero information content.

This is the main subject of Russell Standish's book: Theory of Nothing:
https://www.hpcoders.com.au/nothing.html

Jason