From: Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tue, Mar 9, 2021 8:29 am
Subject: Re: Parallel Worlds Probably Exist. Here’s Why

On 6 Feb 2021, at 20:27, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Parallel Worlds Probably Exist. Here’s Why

John K Clark

My comment there:
<<Why to assume even one universe? We know since the 1930s that all models of
elementary arithmetic execute all computations, and that no universal machine
can know which computations  support it, and indeed that if the machine looks
below at itself (and environment) its Mechanist Substitution level, she has to
see the statistical impact of the "parallel computation". The only problem is
that the wave itself must be explained by the logics of machine self-reference
mathematics, and that is what I did (already in the 1970s, but I took it as an
argument against Mechanism, as I was not aware that the physicists were already
there. The advantage is a simpler "theory of everything" (elementary arithmetic
or Turing equivalent), but also that we get very naturally the qualia/quanta
distinctions. This if unfortunately not well known, and of course physicalist
or materialist philosophers hate this, as physics become reducible to pure
arithmetic/computer science.>>
We do have evidence for a physical reality, but we don’t have any evidence that
the physical reality if the fundamental reality, and I can argue that we have a
lot of evidence that the fundamental reality is not physical, but arithmetical.
We have even a proof once we assume the (indexical and digital) Mechanist
hypothesis in the cognitive science (not in the physical science).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3X6qaRJecTGkBq596HR_dhHLnpR5M_o6VJcYF%2BLGK%3DRg%40mail.gmail.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/6A05E8FE-62FF-4614-9564-FB75CDC38502%40ulb.ac.be.