> On 12 Apr 2021, at 22:11, spudboy100 via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Boys, boys! To better answer your questions we'd need to consult
> neuroscientists

In this case, Louis Jouvet has given evidences that we can wake up with the
memory of two separate independent consciousness stream. I have done this about
4 times. Louis Jouvet explains this by the fact that the brain can be active
(like in dreams) but with the corpus callosum still sleepy/inhibited. That
helps to conceive that some arithmetical continuation can remember many streams.

The problem is that we don’t know who we are.

> who are involved with computing telemetry. So, who'd we consult with?
> Probably the peeps that are working on Elon Musk's Neural Net thing. We may
> never know how it feels to be one particular bat, out of billions, but we'd
> have a sense of what Mr. Bat is doing, and how it feels to have the wind
> beneath your wings, as that awful, old, song, went. If you wired me up you'd
> be disgusted because, "What? He's got to go pee, again!”

If we remember an experience, it will remain hard to interpret it as being
correct. We might be able to know what is like to be a bat, but we can never be
sure that it is “correct”. We can know, but we cannot know-for-sure.

Bruno