On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 6:22 PM <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

*> John, be thankful for answered prayers. Because, the behavior of my
> team, conservatives, it will help your team out at the polls in 22 & 24.*

I hope you're right but I don't think you are. 2024 is too far in the
future to make political predictions that are worth a damn, but I think the
Democrats are gonna lose control of both the House and the Senate in the
midterm election this year, the Antidemocrats are going to triumph.
Unemployment is the lowest it's been in years and the dollar is the
strongest it's been in a generation, but gas prices are high and even
though neither the president nor the Congress has much influence over that
they are the ones in power so they are the ones who are going to get blamed.

And to many people, and to all Republicans, knocking a dollar off the price
of a gallon of gas is more important than the US Constitution, and more
important than the right to travel and the right to have autonomy over your
own body, in particular the right to control your own womb if you have one,
and more important than the right to put any chemical you wish into your
body to relieve chronic excruciating unrelenting white hot pain if you are
dying. And Republicans believe low gas prices are more important than the
most important right of all, the right to die if you wish to die.

I have to admit Biden is not totally blameless for the current high rate of
inflation, on the very first day of his presidency he should've eliminated
by Executive Order all the Trump era tariffs, which are paid for by
Americans not by foreign countries, but for some reason that makes no
economic sense some of them are still in place.

> *> It will generate reverse-action against Bible Belt governors,
> attorneys, politicians. *

If only it were that simple and that logical! Roy Moore, a Bible thumping
judge in Alabama, the heart of the Bible Belt, came within a hair's breadth
of becoming a US Senator even though convincing evidence was available that
he was a pedophile. This happened for two reasons:

1) On the ballot he had a "R" next to his name not a "D".
2) He may have been a pedophile but he was a Bible thumping pedophile, and
that makes all the difference.

I will close by asking you 3 questions.

1) Mr. Spudboy, do you think you should have the right to travel?

2) Being "conservative" means you wanna keep on doing things the way
they've always been done, so I understand why conservatives oppose the
Democrats when they try to increase taxes on the super ultra mega rich and
why conservatives want to keep them very low as they've always been, but
what is "conservative" about radically changing the way we've handled
abortions for the last half century?

3) What exactly are conservatives trying to conserve?

ngc