On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 8:33 PM <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

*> The aha on your energy observation seemingly would be resolved by huge
> electricity making. I will list the electricity makings that are likely to
> be ginormous if perfected?*

That won't help because the energy cost involved in making a bitcoin is
also increasing and it's increasing exponentially; there will never be more
than 21 million bitcoins in the world because if there are 21 million of
them the energy needed to make another one is infinite. Bitcoin is
inherently energy inefficient and its inefficiency can only increase.

Other than it's inventor Satoshi Nakamoto the very first person to ever
mint a bitcoin was Hal Finney in 2009, back then a typical home computer
could make a bitcoin in just a few minutes, I remember he said on the
Extropian mailing list I was on at the time that on a whim he once left his
computer on overnight minting bitcoins. He claims that after that he forgot
all about it but soon after he was faced with huge medical bills because he
was diagnosed with ALS, the same disease Stephen Hawkings had, and about
the same time he started reading about the huge increase in the price of
Bitcoins. Finney no longer used that old obsolete computer but he still had
it at the back of his closet, and the Bitcoins were still on the hard
drive, they were more than enough to pay for his medical expenses.

Finney died in 2014 and to this day some people think he actually was
Satoshi Nakamoto. It may be a coincidence that Nakamoto stopped posting and
disappeared about the same time Finney got sick, or it may not be, but it
would explain why although he owns billions of dollars worth of bitcoins
not a single one has ever been spent by somebody who controls the Bitcoin
account of "Satoshi Nakamoto". Even after this recent price collapse
Nakamoto is still one of the richest men in the world, and yet he doesn't
seem to have ever spent a single nickel of his vast fortune. It's weird.

3ch