On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 6:48 AM Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> From a human point of view a man machine merger would be the best
>> possible outcome, but the trouble is I can't think of any advantage of
>> merging from an AI's point of view, and very soon AIs will be the ones
>> calling the shots not humans. One month ago I wouldn't have said "very
>> soon" but today we're living in a post GTP4 world.
>>

> *> You might appreciate this paper:*
> https://arxiv.org/pdf/2303.12712.pdf

Wow, thanks for pointing that out Jason,  it looks like a hell of a paper,
and the version of GPT4 they were looking at was an early version that was
several months old!  It's 154 pages so I only had time to glance at it but
I did have time to look at this video about the paper:

Sparks of Artificial General Intelligence: Early experiments with GPT-4
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqg3aTGNxZ0>

oal