On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 12:04 AM Giulio Prisco <giu...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> I never understood why Anders left the mailing list. It seems to me that
> one day he was still posting, and the next day he wasn't. Did he ever say
> why he was about to leave the list?*

As I remember it Anders didn't say anything harsh, he just said the list
had become a little too political for his taste but politics, especially
libertarian politics, had been one of the main topics of the list since the
day I joined on 29 Sep 1993, so there must've been more to it than that.
Anders was always been extremely polite even when addressing somebody who
was obviously a nincompoop, and I don't think it was a coincidence that he
left just about the time Trumpism began its ugly rise, so although I can't
be certain what was going on inside his head I think what Anders meant was
the list had become too lunatic right wing.

I should've followed his lead and quit at the same time but I didn't
because, although I know it may be a character flaw, the fact is I enjoy
arguing with people who disagree with me, and the better the argument they
can give me the more I enjoy it. So I stayed until they kicked me off.

lrw