2007/5/31, Ross Boylan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 23:20 +0200, Øystein Gisnås wrote:
> > >
> > > FYI, Debian Unstable has Evolution 2.10.  Might be easier to grab at
> > > least the 2.10 dependencies from there.  You'll need to upgrade gtkhtml
> > > and likely also your GTK+ library stack to get 2.10 to build.
> >
> > In case you're on a Debian-based distribution
> Yes; straight Debian.
> > and not pulling from
> > svn, I would recommend using pre-built packages, or even building the
> > packages yourself. 2.10.2 is in the archive, and I will do 2.11.2 this
> > weekend.
> Terrific.  Is unstable the place to look, or experimental, or somewhere
> else?

2.11.2 will end up in pkg-evolution's svn for sure. If we upload
binary packages, they will go to experimental.

> > For my own development setup I use the 2.10.x packages plus custom
> > build from svn for the module I'm hacking on. e-d-s for example, I
> > install to /opt/evolution-data-server. Then I can start development
> > e-d-s with 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/evolution-data-server/lib
> > /opt/evolution-data-server/libexec/evolution-data-server-1.12' and can
> > also start the stable e-d-s with
> > '/usr/lib/evolution/evolution-data-server-1.10'
> That's a great tip.  I built evo from Debian source (with one fix) and
> it took 45 minutes.  I clearly need a shorter route to trying out
> changes.

I don't think you get around the initial build; you can feature strip
it to reduce the time. Once you've built it. make will figure out what
has to be rebuilt. A make && make install when I edit files in only
one directory takes about 5 seconds on my system..

> Thanks for packing evo, and for making the -dbg files available.

You're welcome. Don't hesitate with questions on how you can use
packages or package scripts in your development setup..

Cheers,
Øystein