Hi,
I see that Evolution (at least in 2.28.1) does not support the
'givenName' LDAP attribute when using an LDAP addressbook. This renders
the use of LDAP-based addressbooks somehow useless, because (1) most
other LDAP-Clients support this field and (2) Evolution can't write to
an already present LDAP addressbook entry that contains this attribute.

This is a real pity since Evolution is one of the few FOSS LDAP clients
who can also write to LDAP.

So I'd like to add support for the 'givenName' attribute, but since I'm
new to Gnome/Evolution, I don't know which source files to edit. Any
pointers/advices?

Cheers,
Robert