On Thursday 01 Juli 2010 at 13:01:22 Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 11:43 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > searching evolution-hackers about Evolution coding style, I found
> >     http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/patch.shtml
> [...]
> That's still more or less valid.  There's details there I would nitpick
> but if you're writing your own module you have more freedom to do it the
> way -you- want.

I'll  propose this as our style guide then. Just like Ross in one posting (I
think back in 2009), I'm interested specially in getting to know about indent
style. patch.shtml talks about 8-space-tabs (and true tabs instead of blanks).
Since there are other Gnome projects (like Gimp) which do not allow tabs - but
use blanks for all indentation, for purposes e.g. of alignment of parameters
in multi-lined function signatures - I wanted to be sure here that we follow
the proper Evolution-path.

> If in doubt, look at code samples from evolution/shell, as that's all
> been rewritten recently and follows our preferred coding style these
> days.

Okay, thanks.

Best regards,

        Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/