Hi all; I've updated my makefile for building Evolution from git:

http://mad-scientist.net/evolution.html

This version supports Lucid and Maverick.  Note it is NOT completely
tested.  I was able to successfully build the 2.32 version of Evolution
on Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick), building only these packages:

        gtkhtml
        evolution-data-server
        evolution
        evolution-webcal

Using this content for local.mk:

        DISTRO := maverick
        evo-VER := 2.32
        BRANCH := gnome-$(evo-VER)
        PREFIX := /opt/evo-$(evo-VER)
        BRANCH_evolution-webcal := master
        BRANCH_libgweather := master
        gtkhtml_CONFIG_OPTS := --disable-deprecated-warning-flags
        ENABLE_libgweather := n
        ENABLE_exchange := n
        ENABLE_mapi := n
        ENABLE_openchange := n

There are some annoying things going on in the build that I'll email
about to the hackers list separately if anyone cares.

I haven't tried to build Exchange support yet, nor build the current
master branch (but I will).