On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 10:40 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:

> 2) ECredentials is way too complex.  My intent for ECredentials was to
>    have a self-contained authentication handling interface to avoid all
>    the current nonsense with ECal and EBook where you have to always
>    remember to connect to authentication signals and then implement the
>    keyring lookup and user password prompting yourself.
>
>    I probably didn't spell this out very well initially, but what I had
>    in mind was a simple abstract interface to replace "auth-required"
>    signals.
>
>        struct _ECredentialsInterface {
>            GTypeInterface parent_interface;
>
>            void    (*get_password)       (ECredentials *credentials,
>                                           EClient *client,
>                                           GCancellable *cancellable,
>                                           GAsyncReadyCallback callback,
>                                           gpointer user_data);
>
>            gchar * (get_password_finish) (ECredentials *credentials,
>                                           GAsyncResult *result,
>                                           GError **error);
>        };

Note the 'gboolean retrying' argument to the libsoup "authenticate"
signal handler. We probably want to have something similar in the above
API too, because that's what tells the UI that it needs to ditch the
existing remembered password and ask for a new one.

david.woodho...@intel.com                              Intel Corporation