Hi everyone.

Since the last announcement of the evolution-kolab team here on the list, our
source code (hosted at http://evolution-kolab.sourceforge.net/) has seen some
more polishing and now compiles on Debian/Squeeze in addition to Ubuntu/Lucid.
We will make available a (source) release 0.0.13 soon, which contains the
fixes for Squeeze.
  Next week will see some performance improvements over the current state, and
by the end of next week, I am planning to have the post-0.0.13 release ready.

The code base has received quite some testing (under Ubuntu/Lucid) already,
mainly in the area of Kolab inter-client compatibility. Online and offline
operational modes are working, including conflict resolution. More testing is
always welcome, of course.

The evolution-kolab team now feels that we have reached a state where we can
begin working towards upstream integration. During the planning and coding
phases so far, we aligned all of our project decisions with the Evolution team
as closely as our time schedule and resources permitted. This was done in
order to promote for an easy upstream integration process. We would like to
thank everyone here who helped us in the various aspects of creating a new
Evolution plugin.

We would very much like to be hosted at gnome.org with our project.
SourceForge is a nice breeding platform, but we feel it is a little too far
away from GNOME, and since we are a true GNOME project, we think it would be
nice to add evolution-kolab directly to the Evolution project at its GNOME
site.

The first step could be to create an evolution-kolab git repository at
gnome.org, at least this is what came to my mind instantly. In order to get
the prerequisites right, I have applied for a GNOME account with git access.
This has been vouched for by the Evolution team (thanks, Matt), and I have
received confirmation from the GNOME account management team today.

Since neither my kernel concepts evolution-kolab team mates nor myself have
done upstream integration for an Evolution plugin yet, I would like to know
how we should best proceed from here. If there is any reading we should have
done prior to further acting, we'll gladly accept pointers to the relevant
documents. David (or anyone else involved there), I heard that you did the
same with your EWS team recently, so if there are any lessons-learned which we
should heed to, we will also be happy to know. Long story short, we will just
be happy for any directing through this process so we can get through it
smoothly.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Kind regards,

        Christian