On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 15:21 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> Fair enough, thanks for clarifying. If that's the current status, then
> nothing is lost if we keep the implementation as-is for now and try it
> again later on.

Still not sure how this whole security puzzle fits together yet, but
this sounds like a piece of it:

http://stef.thewalter.net/2011/10/redesigning-seahorse-experience.html

Seahorse (or the library stack that Seahorse is built on) is supposedly
adding support for NSS certificates by GNOME 3.4.

That means we should soon be able to plug into Seahorse for certificate
management instead of talking to NSS directly some time next year.  At
least that's my hope.

I highly encourage you to contact Stef about your smart card issue, as
he can certainly paint a clearer picture than I can.