On Mon, 2014-03-17 at 20:05 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> While I have no say in how Evolution gets developed, I nonetheless would
> like to warn against merging unstable and known buggy code into master.
> What if it turns out that the code can't be stabilized in time for the
> next release? Can it be reverted or will Evolution have to go out with
> known regressions?

The next release following 3.12 will happen in March, 2015.  So we have
an entire year to stabilize the WebKit composer.  Also the HTML library
that the composer is currently based on has been dead several years now,
and I personally would like to wash my hands of it as soon as possible.

I haven't tested the branch in awhile, but I've seen numerous recent bug
reports from Milan and Tomas seems pretty responsive in fixing them.  As
long as that continues after merging, and we have a handle on the major
remaining regressions, I think it's a reasonable risk to finish the work
directly on the master branch.

If things still haven't stabilized by... let's say this year's GUADEC...
then we can start discussing a contingency plan for Evolution 3.14.

Matt