Il giorno mer, 14/03/2018 alle 11.38 +0100, Milan Crha ha scritto

> But the new account not, thus it'll download the local cache again.
Just what I thought.

> There is a manual way to do it, you can edit internal evolution files
> and change the backend from "sendmail" to "smtp", then edit the
> account
> in UI and set the SMTP settings properly. This is untested by me, but
> you can try to go to:
>    ~/.config/evolution/sources/
> search the .source files for one which contains:
>    [Mail Transport]
>    BackendName=sendmail
> and change it to be:
>    [Mail Transport]
>    BackendName=smtp

I already done it looking config files.
My intention was to write on the list to understand if this is the only
place in which this information is stored.
I can imagine it is.

I can understand not changing the receiver server for cache reason, but
the outgoing method is different.
We have only SMTP or sendmail. I can't imagine problems changing it.

Thankyou for your replay.
Bye
 Ambrogio