On Sun, 2020-03-22 at 19:49 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Mbox is for mail. It has nothing to do with calendars. Neither does the
> contacts.db file. A date of 1/1/9999 looks very much like an
> uninitialized field.
>
> I suggest you save your existing *.ics file(s) somewhere as a backup,
> delete or rename the calendar from within Evolution, then create an
> entirely new calendar (also in Evolution), and import the backup .ics
> file(s). That should at least start things off in a consistent state.
>
> poc

I have backed up my calendar.ics file - looking at it with notepad it looks ok
no corruption and the edits I made to appointments today are all there.

I can't delete my calendar file as the command is greyed out. The
delete contacts command is also greyed out. Not sure why.

However I have found that Under Evolution Accounts - Address Book
Properties - Type on this computer - Name Personal there is a tick box
'use in Birthdays & Anniversaries Calendar' if I untick this I am now
able to create new appointments instead of getting the error message
above.  Does this help in the diagnostics ?

I can use that as a temporary fix but it would be good to get Birthdays
& anniversaries shown again.

Could the error message be the result of a corrupted / invalid birthday
in the address book as I have edited several of these recently ?

Thanks

John Murrell